Fidelity is committed to showing up where the next generation is and we know for many, that's social media and digital platforms. Let's do a rundown so you see what I mean:
- Is Fidelity on TikTok? Of course, have you checked out our #divineswine videos?
- Reddit? We’re there with 40K+ redditors.
- But, what about the metaverse? We’re there, too!
- And investors are being supported—we’ve completed nearly 500K social servicing interactions this year alone. That means when people need help from Fidelity, they can get it on whatever platform they prefer.
As young individuals are just beginning to take charge of their own financial lives, it’s our responsibility to offer financial education that’s relevant, accessible, and yes, maybe even a little fun. Everyone learns differently and that’s why we aim to share approachable content to make learning about investing simpler.
Below, check out all the ways we’re tackling complicated financial topics and reducing the barriers for the next generation to begin their lifelong financial journey.
- SkimmU Money: Back for its second semester, the free, virtual event series, presented by Fidelity, aims to close the gender investing gap as women continue to face financial uncertainty. The four courses covered topics like starting an investment portfolio, asset allocation, long-term planning and saving and crypto. You can watch the course recordings here – I joined the first one, Minding Your Mindset!
- 2022-2023 Conrad Foundation Sponsorship: Fidelity is the leading financial education provider for students participating in this year's Conrad Challenge. Through the school year leading up to the Global Innovation Summit next spring, teens will have access to Fidelity Youth Account educational content to help them expand their financial acumen.
- Fidelity University Student Program: Fidelity started the program to help students—including student athletes—save, invest and plan for their financial futures. The initiative, beginning with the University of Kentucky, includes a combination of online, in-person education, digital tools and resources, and a specialized financial account designed for students.
- Discord: Fidelity is now on Discord. Join us at discord.gg/FidelityInvestments for all things financial.
- Fresh Invest podcast by Morning Brew: Morning Brew's co-founder and executive chairman, Alex Lieberman, is joined by some of the best and brightest from Fidelity to chat all in things investing. Check out the new season.
- Connecticut Sun: As part of this collaboration with the WNBA team, we’re reaching and educating young female athletes (and fans!) about money and basic financial concepts through basketballs camps and social platforms.
More to come!
Written by Kelly Lannan, SVP, Emerging Customers
Keep in mind that investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate over time, and you may gain or lose money.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity are registered service marks of FMR LLC.
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC,
900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917
Fidelity Distributors Company LLC,
500 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917
National Financial Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC,
245 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02110